PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Flank Steak Asparagus Bundles {Clean Eating Day 2}

Someone asked me yesterday "Why clean eat, when you don't need to lose weight?"
Clean eating for me is not a diet to lose weight, but a lifestyle change.
A change to be more mindful of what our bodies are consuming.
I can pronounce and accountant for every ingredient my body took in yesterday.
Thats a winning day in clean eating for me.

Last night I made this little bundles.
Super simple and yummy.

Flank Steak Asparagus Bundles {makes 8 bundles}:
- Flank Steak around 1.5lbs
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 tsbp olive oil
- a bundle of thin asparagus

I took the flank and cut it down the middle making to flanks
Then trimming any fat, cut strips about 3 inches wide.
I laid the strips out covered with some wax paper and took my handy dandy pot and tenderized them.
Then sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
Add to a ziploc with garlic and olive oil, give the bag a good massage.
Set aside, for 30 mins.

In the meantime preheat your oven for 350.
Trim the asparagus, add to a lined baking pan, add a little olive oil and s&p.
Bake for 15 mins.
Remove and cut them in half.

I used my grill pan on medium heat, a grill would be great also.
To make the bundles, take the strips add some asparagus to one end and roll up.
You will not want any over lapping, so trim as needed and secure with a toothpick.

Grill, these are thin so not very long on each side.

I served ours with a side of tomato and cucumber.
Just tossed with a little apple cider vinegar and olive oil, then sprinkled with salt and pepper.




One thing I have noticed with focusing on clean eating, we have been eating clean for the most part. Or should I say at mealtimes.  But snacks are a completely different story.  Yesterday I snacked on a dragon fruit, apple with almond butter, Larabar, a banana, and a juice of beet, kale, carrot, and a red apple.  I am working on thinking of more out side the box snacks, any suggestions?


See you back tomorrow...

No comments: